May 6, 2009

Major Elimination On "Idol"

After guest performances from Chris Daughtry, Slash & No Doubt, 17-year-old rocker Allison Iraheta was eliminated on tonight's "American Idol" results show.

Ryan Seacrest told her, "I know I'll be playing your songs on the radio really soon," and the Twitterverse seems to agree, lamenting Iraheta's departure:

  1. Patricia Avena
    patlovesenca can't believe allison iraheta got eliminated instead of kris allen. :(( i hate to see allison leave.
  2. Robert Spanagel
    Heirlumestudios American Idol - Allison was robbed.
  3. Marcus Michalik
    MarcusMichalik Poor Allison. Gokey was beyond awful last night. I guess America wants another Michael Bolton.
  4. Rhonnie
    RhonniesTweets Bah. Allison, you're going to go on to do great things, but I think you deserved to be in the top three.

Kris Allen, Danny Gokey, and Adam Lambert make up the top three, leaving no females in the competition. Their fans came out to support them on Twitter:

  1. Krista Isley
    klisley Surprised at the ending of Idol. But Danny is still my pick to win it all!
  2. Ellie
    Wicked1Fan Sad Alyson left American Idol but happy Adam Lambert is still there =)
  3. nicole gniadek
    nikkigniadek is so happy kris allen is still around


Fresh on the heels of announcing her former painkiller addiction, Paula Adbul performed her new pop single, "I'm Just Here For The Music" and was eager to know what the Twitterverse thought.

  1. The Real Paula Abdul
    PaulaAbdul What did you guys think??? What a night right??.. I have to admit that I was a little nervous.
  2. The Real Paula Abdul
    PaulaAbdul If you liked what you heard tonight. Go to www.paulaabdul.com to download my new single " I'm just hear for the music". Love u guys. xoxo

Unfortunately for her, most found it laughable:

  1. James Banford
    Jamers311 Did paula abdul forget American idol is a singing show not a lip syncing contest! Hello I wasn't there for the music! Xoxo
  2. Jennifer Heftler
    JHeftler Oh no. I had to watch that Paula Abdul performance on Idol through my fingers. Please no more Weeble microphone! Or vocorder sound effect.
  3. Karen Trachtenberg
    karentr75 Someone please, please tell Paula Abdul the '80s are over. Please!
  4. Dave Dwonch
    DaveDwonch Paula Abdul "singing" on American Idol is hilarious.

1 comment:

  1. Paula looked like an older, brunette Brittney Spears on stage

    ReplyDelete